Admin/Manager > System Setup > Media > Print Items
Print Items are used to categorize your purchases of different types of Print purchases. These would typically include Magazine, Newspaper and Outdoor. The item is also used to expense the purchase to the correct expense account when a vendor invoice is billed and WIP is tracked in the general ledger.
Add A Print Item
- Click the icon to add a new item.
- Item ID: enter a unique Item ID for the item. This ID will be what people enter on transactions.
- Item Name: enter a descriptive name for the item.
- Standard Gross: by default = 0. enter the standard gross amount of the print item.
- Commission: enter the standard commission for the item.
- NOTE: The Standard Gross and Commission will be used to default in entries for your Print/Insertion Orders. They can be changed within the Order.
- Standard Description: enter a description that you would like copied onto estimates when entering expense items.
- Billing Item: drop-down menu, select the appropriate billing item for this item.
- Expense Account: enter the appropriate GL Expense account for tracking the purchase of this item. This expense account will default into orders and vendor vouchers. It can be changed within the order or voucher.
- Sales Account: enter the appropriate GL Sales account for tracking the sale of this item. This sales account will default into client invoices when selecting the item.
- Active: controls if the item is available when entering transactions.
- Tax 1/2 Applies: check the appropriate box. These tell the system that this item is taxable, when appropriate, or not. The Tax rate will come from the Client/Vendor Company record or the client invoice.
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: If you are using Strata or SmartPlus, you will sync over the Print Items from those programs. Following the sync, you must set up the GL accounts and tax settings.
Some detail items may not be contained in the Print Items grid by default by warrant consideration when creating a new item. Additional details can be accessed by clicking the print item line and selecting the details arrow.