Creatives are the core of a creative team. In this overview, you'll find all of the resources relating to this role in Workamajig. You can also check out our Overview video for Creatives for a quick demonstration.
If you do not see the items described in this guide, following your login to Workamajig, please contact your agency's Workamajig Administrator(s)
(Click on any feature button to learn more about that feature)
Your today page
All new users in Workamajig will be directed to the Creatives-Today page. The Creatives-Today page is a task-oriented view that allows your users to enter time, and status, or complete assignments and access project-related information.
The Creatives-Today page has a few primary options and tools.
Task assignments made by a project manager will display for the assignee in the form of the task cards seen above. These cards allow users to make a time entry, access project information and status or complete the assignment.
In the schedule area, users will see any meetings on their calendar in blue, any time entries they have made in green, and have the option to access their full calendar or create new meetings. Completed timesheets can be reviewed and submitted via the 'Time Entered Today' link.
The menu bar:
The menu bar is fixed in Workamajig, no matter what page a user is on they will see this bar across the top of the screen. The menu bar has several components:
Main menu toggle:
This option toggles the main menu for Workamajig. The main menu contains a list of role-based applications that a user will see based on the security group they have been placed into.
The notification bell will trigger a red numeric icon when a user has been routed an item for approval. These items include estimates, deliverables, meetings, etc.
This icon allows a user to search system-wide for a specific transaction. The global search returns a maximum of 100 results. Note: the specific transaction types that are searched when an entry is made on the global search are adjustable and not all are set by default. An admin can adjust the search parameters by clicking system settings in this area.
This option allows users to add any type of data from any area of the system. This is primarily an option for users with multiple roles, used to prevent them from having to navigate to multiple pages to add specific transactions.
Located in the upper right-hand corner of the main menu, this area contains user account-specific information. The email address and timezone used by the system will be here, along with default reminder types for meetings. There are also links to our help guide and release notes which can be accessed by clicking the ...More button in this area.
The main menu
The main menu of Workamajig contains a list of role-based applications. Each application will have an associated menu of items that will populate when selected. What a user sees both on the top level and for the individual items within an application will vary based on their security rights.
How to enter time
Time in Workamajig is entered via the default page, Creatives-Today. Time is entered via the clock icon in assignment cards seen on this screen:
Here are some basic steps to entering your time into Workamajig via Task Cards:
- Click 'New Time Entry' from an assignment. A menu will slide out of the right-hand side of the browser.
- Each time entry will require project, task and service detail, however, these should be entered automatically by Workamajig when entering time from a task card. Enter the number of hours worked for a task and click save.
- You can then verify this time has been added to the system by viewing the 'Time Entered Today' option seen on the upper right-hand corner of any today page. Note that if no time has been entered for the current day, this will read 'Enter your time for today.'
- Repeat steps 1-3 every time you do some work.
Run a timer
A task card will also contain the option to start a timer. A timer will run in the schedule area of any today page. Once stopped, a timer will fill out a complete time entry including the number of hours worked.
From here, the time entry process is the same. A tab will slide out of the right-hand side of the screen allowing a user to review and edit any details of the time entry and save.
How to complete a task
Here are the steps in order to complete a task:
- Click the checkbox icon in the assigned task.
- Click 100% to mark a task as complete. The other options seen here will feed task status details to the project schedule and Workamajig resourcing tools, however, a task will only be considered complete when a user marks 100%
The assignment will no longer appear on your Creatives - Today page. The completion of the task will then be visible to the Project Manager.
Customize the view
The Creatives-Today page can be customized by a user by clicking the ...More button located at the top of the page and selecting 'Display Options'.
Clicking this will slide a list of menu options from the right-hand side of the screen:
From here you can change how this page behaves and what data you want it to show you.
- Restricting or widening the Date Range is one of the best ways to get more out of the Creatives - Today page. For example, you can focus only on tasks due in the next two weeks without seeing things that are due 3 months from now. Or you can have it show all the dates, so you can plan ahead and see what's in store for the future.
- Another notable option is the Completed Predecessors Only, this option will hide tasks that are linked in the schedule, yet its previous step or task has not yet been completed.
- The grouping and sorting options for your tasks can be adjusted here as well. By default, tasks will group by the due date, then sort within that grouping according to task priority. However, this can be adjusted to the group by client, project, start date, etc.
Checklist prior to leaving for the day
- Ensure that all completed tasks have been marked as such from the Creatives - Today page.
- Verify that all time has been entered for the day by reviewing the Time Entered Today option from any today page, or the timesheet option from Main Menu > Everyone > Timesheets.
Click on the Open Timesheets option to either Approve or Submit your time for the day.
- Go home!
NOTE: Once your time for the day is submitted/approved, you cannot enter any more time for that day.
You are unable to edit the columns or order of columns contained in the Today's Time widget. Any changes made will be lost once you log out of Workamajig.
How to use the calendar
The Workamajig calendar is accessed from the main menu via Everyone > Calendar.
In each calendar view (Month, Week, Work Week or Day) you are able to create and edit events, by opening up the meeting details, using the +New option, or clicking on the day/time you would like to create a meeting.
You can view the Workamajig Calendar in one of three views:
- Month view: This displays a one-month block of time. You are able to drag-and-drop Meetings, Activities, and Time Entries from one day to another. The designated time of these events will remain the same.
- Full Week view: This displays a 7-Day (Sun-Sat or Mon-Sun) block of time. You are able to drag-and-drop Meetings, Activities, and Time Entries from one day to another. The designated time of these events will remain the same.
- Day view: This displays a single-day block of time. You are able to drag-and-drop Meetings, Activities, and Time Entries from one hour to another. The duration of the event will remain the same. You are able to grab-and-drag the bottom of the event to adjust the duration.
NOTE: None of the views will allow you to drag an event beyond the date displayed on the grid. To do this you must open the event and adjust the event date manually.
Create a new meeting
To add a new meeting, simply click the +Add New option or click in the calendar area related to the date/time you would like to create the meeting. The day or time range you click can help in defaulting a date or time into the New Meeting screen.
- Enter Subject, Date and Time (these fields are required). If you check All Day Event, you can only select Start Date and End Date.
- Repeat: Allows you to replicate the meeting across select time periods: Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly.
- Description: Enter further details regarding the meeting.
- Location is optional detail for your attendees.
- Select the Calendar where the meeting will be saved. The default for this will be your default calendar.
- Contact and Project are optional items that a meeting can be linked to.
- Organizer will default to your name and is visible directly underneath Attendees with a drop-down. Only the Organizer or users granted Edit rights to the calendar can modify the meeting. The organizer can only be toggled to another user if you have edit rights to their calendar.
- Add Attendees: click on to add Attendees from a list of Staff, Contacts and Distribution Lists. Note that the 'Find a Time' option will allow you to review the availability of staff or resources before finalizing your meeting. It is best to add your attendees first so the detail of their availability is pulled into this tool.
- Add Resources: Resources are defined in the system setup and allow you to reserve things like conference rooms or projectors. These items will also show availability when using the 'Find a time' tool/
- Email Attendees: Sends each attendee an email with the meeting details.
- Attachments: Allows you to add files to the meeting that are viewable to all attendees.
Edit or delete an existing meeting
- From the calendar, click the meeting entry you would like to edit/delete. The meeting details panel will slide out allowing you to make changes. To delete, click the ...More button from this area and select the red Delete Meeting option that appears.
- In the Calendar View: You can also click and drag in the middle of the displayed meeting to change the date or time. Click and drag the bottom of the meeting to increase the duration of the meeting.
How to create an Individual Out Of Office meeting
If an employee is going to be on vacation, they can enter their time off ahead of time so scheduling can be aware of their upcoming days off. Alternatively, if an employee is out sick and their manager has edit rights to their personal calendar, they can create a sick day meeting on their behalf to appear on the calendar and staff schedule screen respectively.
- Make the user in question the organizer of the meeting as this only affects them and not the entire company.
- Make the subject something like "Name - Out Of Office".
- Link it to the Vacations calendar if you want this to be visible to other employees (who don't have access to their personal calendar).
- Make it an All Day Meeting. If going to be out for a few days, still check All Day and enter the dates, not hours, the person will be out for.
NOTE: This then creates a grey box on the Staff Schedule Screen for the days out.
Calendar display options
Settings for a personal calendar can be adjusted by clicking the button from the calendar main screen and selecting Display Options.
This area allows you to select the calendars and options that you want to view in the Calendar grid. It also allows you to add a legend, display the weekly calendar in a workweek view, add calendars you have access to and create new public or private calendars.
Setting up calendar/meeting defaults
The following defaults are set via Main Menu> My Settings section.
Meeting reminder time: This defines the time when the Reminders will be sent from the system.
Reminder type: This defines the type of reminder that will be sent from the system. Select from: None; Email; Popup; Both Email and Popup from the drop-down menu.
Time zone: This sets the time zone for events that are set in your calendar. The system looks at the time zone set in the meeting before placing it on your calendar. Attendees will see meetings based on the time zone set for them. Meetings viewed in the Show Scheduling Info screen will be based on your time zone. There is no need to adjust to different time zones.
You may want to review the following to assist with learning more about Workamajig: