This overview guide is designed to show you all aspects relating to a Project Manager in Workamajig. From Training sessions, Detailed Guides and Workflows, to Videos.
If your role is that of a Project Manager, Account Manager, or similar, then the Training Sessions listed here are the sessions you will want to be a part of during your companies implementation of the Workamajig application. If your company has already implemented Workamajig and you are here to find out more info, then you can refer to these training sessions as a reference of where the implantation began.
- Depending on how involved you are in the decision making process and control of your process/workflow. Its great to be on this first discussion with your Workamajig Account Manager to let them know of your project related needs prior to getting into the nitty-gritty of training.
- This training will not only provide the basics of navigation, but can then dig into some of the system setup. As this is where the controls of the system are that can be tweaked to suit your workflow needs.
- Now this is where your Project Managers will get the most benefit from the system, so this is the training not to miss. Where the Workamajig "Way" is to create projects from a template that has all the necessary components ready to copy from.
- This is also a must attend for any Project Manager, as it continues the workflow process where we copy from a Template to then start a new Project. After which we can adjust from there to meet the needs of that particular project. Keep in mind that a project can also be created from a Project Request (for In-house users) or from an Opportunity (that can start from a Template).
- This may or may not relate to your Project Manager, unless they are also needing to "Traffic" or continually manage their projects at a more detailed level. As this gets iton the fine points of task assignments, and other styles of project management.
- While this has its own training sessions, many of the topics contained under Collaboration may be discussed in-part in the above training sessions. Yet one piece that tends to be its own training sessions is going over the use of Deliverables.
Project Manager Pages
This section will list out the available pages that a Project Manager can use in the system. Please keep in mind that not every page is needed get the maximum benefit that Workamajig has to offer. Its your processes, workflows and implementation that will determine your optimal use of the system.
From the Main Menu, you can access Project Manager from the first row of the menu.
Below the Project Manger menu, you may see something like this. You may not see them all, as there are security rights that can prevent certain pages from being accessible.
- This "Today" page is designed to be the "Go To" page for all Project Manager and Account Manager types. The benefits of this page are too numerous to list here.
- This Dashboard is designed to show you statistics, like projects created, and hours per client. All with a Date Range selection.
- This is where you can create custom graphs, charts and statistics that go beyond what the Dashboard offers.
- This page is one of the most central places to visit in the system. As its designed to show all the active projects in the system with their current percent complete based on task days.
Planning Projects (In Development)
- Stay tuned for more info.
- This page is similar to the Projects page above, however this looks at your Campaigns and reflect data at that level.
Deliverables Board (In Development)
- Stay tuned for more info.
- This is a bit of a niche page to use, as it relates more to tracking the details within a task of a project. Almost like an issue tracking system with statuses of things to fix as part of a web development task for example.
Please keep in mind that this is not all the pages a Project Manager may use. You may also want to check out the Resource Manager Overview and Everyone pages as well.
- Shows you all the points of interest within an open project.
- Step by step guide on how to create a new project in the system.
- An overview of the project schedule with detailed sub pages that go into the minutia of the schedule features.
- All about estimates and how they can improve your process and profitability.
- Step by step setup and use of Deliverables.
- An overview of Campaigns with detailed sub guides on how to create and manage Campaigns in the system.
- More for In-house users, but goes over the setup and use of Project Requests in the system.
This section contains a list of the Project Manager specific related videos.