Use the Receipts screen in Workamajig to record payments from your clients. When entering a receipt, you are able to apply all, or a portion of the amount, towards open client invoices, a designated sales account or leave as an unapplied amount to be applied towards a future invoice.
Add a New Receipt
- From Menu > Billing > Today-Billing>click >Receipt
Fill in the appropriate fields:
- Client: select the client from the drop-down list.
- Check Amount: enter the total amount of the receipt. NOTE: This must be filled out prior to selecting invoices for it to connect to the invoice correctly.
- Reference Number: enter the check or reference number of the receipt. NOTE: If this was an ACH or another form of direct deposit, enter the bank reference number.
- Deposit ID: enter the date the receipt will be deposited to your bank account. Default is today's date. NOTE: All receipts marked with the chosen date will be grouped together and viewable via Menu>Billing>Today-Billing>Views:Deposits.
- Receipt Date: enter the date the check was received. This date is used for the AR Aging report.
- Posting Date: enter the date you want the receipt posted to the GL account.
- Cash Account: enter the GL Account the receipt will be deposited to. Default is setup via the GL Control Accounts
- Post Unapplied Account: enter the GL Account to track any amount that is not connected to Sales or a Client invoice. Unapplied amount will be available for future client invoices. Default is setup via the GL Control Accounts
- Description: enter a description/note regarding this receipt, if needed.
Following the selection of a the client, the lower part of the screen will refresh to display 3 tabs: apply to sales, open invoices and amount unapplied.
You are able to mix the application of the receipt between sales, open invoices or leave it unapplied.
If there are any open AR invoices, the open invoices will be selected. Otherwise, apply to sales will be selected.
Apply to Sales
Fill in the appropriate fields: at this time you are only creating a single sales line. After saving you will be able to add further lines if necessary.
- GL Account: select a sales/income account
- Amount: enter in amount you wish to apply
- Description: enter a description regarding the application
Select the appropriate invoices or click Auto Apply
NOTE: When an invoice is selected the full amount of the receipt will be applied towards that invoice. If the receipt is for more, then there will be an amount shown in Amount Unapplied.
If you wish to partially apply the receipt towards multiple invoices, select the first invoice>click into Applied field and adjust the column to the appropriate amount>select the next invoice, the remaining balance will be applied. Repeat steps, if necessary.
Auto Apply: clicking on this button will allocate the Check amount to the individual invoices. Workamajig will apply in order from the first in the list downwards. It will apply the Check Amount towards the full Open Amount of the first invoice before proceeding to the next invoice. As it moves down the list, the box to the corresponding invoice will be automatically checked.
Once you have completed your selections/entries, click SAVE
Upon save, the receipt will be created and available for further editing.
Click on the associated with Invoices or Sales to apply any unapplied amount.
The individual lines can be edited by clicking into the line or field you need to edit.
Click the Details: to edit header information
Void a Receipt
Once a receipt has been posted, it may become necessary to void the receipt. This is done by simply opening the receipt and clicking ...more>VOID
NOTE: Voiding the receipt will reopen any invoices that have been applied to the receipt.
The Voided Receipt will have the original receipt number followed by - VOID ( Ex. 1234-VOID). It is recommended that you change the Receipt Number lookup filter to "Contains", to ensure any -VOID receipts are included in the results.
A credit is considered a reduction in the AR amount on a client invoice. In Workamajig this is done by creating a Credit Memo or negative client invoice.