Menu > Admin/Manager > System Setup > Account Information > Connections > Emails.
Email settings allow you to set up your project conversation mailbox connection, and other email-related settings.
This area allows you to set up a unique mailbox that can be used to enhance communication and documentation at the Campaign/Project/Task/ToDo level, as well as, for Leads/Contacts and Opportunities.
How It Works
Once the mailbox is set up, when you send out an email from Workamajig, specific coding is included in the email that allows the recipient to simply reply to the email and it will be sent directly to the mailbox for processing and threading to the appropriate location.
You may also forward emails directly to the mailbox for the system to process. The following must be included for the email to be processed correctly:
- Campaign: include campaign number enclosed by double square brackets, [[CampaignNumber]] anywhere in the body of the email.
- Project: include a project number enclosed by double square brackets [[ProjectNumber]] anywhere in the body of the email.
- Opportunity: include opportunity number enclosed by double square brackets, [[OpportunityNumber]], anywhere in the body of the email.
- Opportunity Oppty Project/Campaign: include oppty number enclosed by double square brackets, [[OpptyProjNumber]], anywhere in the body of the email.
- Lead/Contact: email address found in To:/CC:/BCC: area will be matched to lead or contact record in Workamajig
How the Mailbox is Processed
The mailbox will be processed following the steps below:
1) Check For Workamajig based Code for Campaign/Project/Opportunity/Oppty Project
If Found: check for a matched email address in To/CC/BCC > Create note> add matched Contact to Email To > add Auto-Subscribers to Email To>thread email to the proper location>Send "reply" notifications to Email To list and thread note to Contact history.
If Not Found: move to step 2
NOTE: Even if the matched contact is not associated with the project/opportunity, they will be added to the Email To: and sent a reply email and remain a part of the thread.
2) Check For double square bracket information in the body
If Found: check for a matched email address in To/CC/BCC > Create note> add matched Contact to Email To > add Auto-Subscribers to Email To>thread email to the proper location>Send "reply" notifications to Email To list and thread note to Contact history. NOTE: Multiple double square bracket entries are not allowed. The system will only process to the first entry found in the body
If Not Found: move to step 3
NOTE: Even if the matched contact is not associated with the project/opportunity, they will still be added to the Email To: and sent a reply email and will remain a part of the thread.
3) Check for a match in To/CC/BCC fields
If Found: create note> add matched Contact/Lead to Email To > thread email to Contact/Lead history. No Email reply will be sent
If Not Found: Delete email
In order for the system to gather emails from your POP/IMAP email account, the following basic settings must be completed:
ENTER THE PREDEFINED EMAIL ACCOUNT
Use the email you created as per the instructions in Diary Email Setup.
- Select Pop or IMAP in the Email Protocol dropdown.
- In the Server Address text box, enter the address where the POP or IMAP account is located.
- Select the Use SSL box if appropriate.
- Port: The default POP port of 110 will be used unless another value is needed for your mail server.
- In the User Name text box, enter the user ID used to access the account. Use a new email account for the system to retrieve email.
DO NOT USE A PERSONAL EMAIL ACCOUNT!
DO NOT USE THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ON ANY EMPLOYEE OR CONTACT RECORD IN WORKAMAJIG!
- In the Password text box, enter the password for the account.
- Incoming Email Address: Enter the email address that will be used for the return address on diary notes. NOTE: If this is left blank, the outgoing email will use the specific user's email address and will NOT route back to the diary mailbox.
- Click SAVE located at bottom of the page. Once you have saved your settings, click the Verify Login button to ensure the system will be able to connect to the email account properly.
Microsoft Office 365 POP/IMAP OAuth Setup
- Prior to proceeding with the below steps, the browser session must be connected to the "user" being setup for the incoming mailbox. If your browser is currently signed in as a different user, please log out. In a different browser tab sign into Microsoft/Outlook.com as the User setup in step 4. This will allow the OAuth sign in to connect properly.
- Since every setup of Office365 is unique. Be sure to check with your IT Administrators for help with any connection/authentication concerns.
- Local Hosted: If you are on a local hosted version of Workamajig and using Office365, please contact email@example.com prior to proceeding. We will need to make some adjustments on our side in order for the connection to work.
Step by Step Instructions
- From Admin/Manager -> System Setup -> Account Information -> Connections: Emails->Incoming Emails:
- In the Email Protocol field, select Office 365 Pop OAuth or Office 365 IMAP OAuth based on the setup of your Email Account settings, or what your IT folks allow.
- You should then input the related settings into the following fields:
- Server - Enter the email accounts server URL (i.e. outlook.office365.com).
- Use SSL - Check this as most all connections use SSL unless otherwise told not to check.
- Port - Enter your email accounts port setting (i.e. 995 or 993).
- In the User ID text box, enter the user ID/email address of the email account being used for this feature. Refer to a later section in this guide on getting a standalone account setup for this feature.
NOTE: Do Not use a personal email account for this feature.
- Incoming Email Address: by default, the same as user name
- click Sign in with Microsoft: this will open a new tab that auto-logs into Microsoft. You will be presented with a screen that allows you to Accept the Workamajig Application tenant>
Click ACCEPT. The screen will refresh and confirm that the connection has been Authorized
- Return to the Workamajig tab> you will now see "remove auth from Workamajig".
- click Test Login Information> you should receive a green banner "login successful".
- under Outbound Emails> System Email text box, we recommend using the same email address from above. While you can enter a different email for the system to use, emails sent to a different address will not be retrieved.
- Click Save
O365 - MS Graph Permissions
NOTE: Check with your IT Administrators regarding any Connection/Authentication concerns with your Office365.
You may need to adjust the API Permissions with Microsoft Graph per the following:
By default, email notifications will have the From: address "System@Workamajig.com". This section allows you to set up Workamajig to use a defined email address for outbound notifications to help in whitelisting settings. Communications notes created in Workamajig will always use the creator's email address.
- System Email text box: enter an email address. We recommend using the same email address that was set up in the Incoming Emails section.
- Force System Email checkbox: this will force all outbound emails from Workamajig to use this email address. Communication notes will also use this email, however, the sender's email address will be included in the reply to spot in the email. This allows people to set their spam filters to always allow email from a specific address, but still have the reply go to the correct person when the person hits the reply button on the email.
- Standard Email Footer text box: enter a personalized message that will be associated with all outbound emails.
NOTE: For Office365 Users, the mailbox setup for SMTP must be setup to allow sending email as all Workamajig employees.
Setting up this area allows Workamajig to send emails through your email server. This will help reduce issues regarding email spoofing and other mail filters as all outgoing mail would be coming from your mail server.
Server: enter the address of your email server.
Port: enter the appropriate port used by your mail server for SMTP access
Protocol: set the appropriate protocol used by your SMTP server. Choices: NONE, SSL or TLS
UserID: enter the User ID needed to access the SMTP server
Password: enter the password associated with the User ID entered above
Auth Method: select the Authentication method used by your SMTP server for access. Choices: NTLM, CRAM-MD5, PLAIN, LOGIN, or NONE
NOTE: some mail services will require that you identify the IP address from Workamajig, where the email will be routed from. The IP address is unique for your particular Workamajig AppX.workamajig.com server.
To identify the proper address, use a terminal/command prompt>PING> yourserver.workamajig.com
Ex. ping app10.workamajig.com
This will immediately identify the IP address. If you have further questions, please contact your account manager via firstname.lastname@example.org