Google Financials provide an alternative to Excel Financials for those using Mac OS or do not have Excel installed on their Windows machine.
Google Financials requires that you set up a Google account. This method will use a Google Spreadsheet to provide the data.
NOTE: Google Spreadsheet has a limit to the number of queries that can be made per month per worksheet. This is set to 1000 queries. This is something that Google has set. We have no control over the number of queries they allow. A query is considered anytime a spreadsheet cell goes to an outside database link to get information.
Workamajig has created 2 methods of setting up Google Financials:
1) Report Style- allows you to create a report in Workamajig, use this report to provide the information you need, then use the spreadsheet function to perform further calculations. Uses 1 cell
2) Cell Style - allows you to set up individual worksheet cells that pull in information from Workamajig into the spreadsheet. You can then use the spreadsheet functions to perform further calculations. Uses 1 cell per data point. NOTE: You cannot use cell style contents to edit Report Style cells.
At this time, we recommend that you set up the Report Style. This will help reduce the potential of running into the 1000 query cap. Each time that a worksheet refreshes, any cell that contains a query will be run and count towards the 1000 query cap.
The report style is available at this time using the Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, and Corporate P&L. The methodology to set up is the same for all of these.
For this example we will use the Menu>Reports>Financial Reports>Corporate Profit & Loss
1) Set the Search options you want for the report
2) Run the report
3) Click Get Link button, located in the bottom left corner of the screen
4) Click Copy to Clipboard button
5) Open Google Spreadsheet: click into any cell
6) Use Ctrl + V to paste (Mac= Cmd + V) clipboard into the selected cell. NOTE: Google does not allow mouse right click>paste functionality.
You will see the cell load and then place date across the other cells in the sheet that corresponds to the report you copied.
EDITING THE DATA
You are unable to edit the cells that have been created. If you do edit them, upon refresh the edited cells will be replaced with original data.
We recommend that you create a new worksheet and reference any of the cells that you want to do further calculations against.
You are able to click into the "pasted" cell and edit some of the information for it to bring in different information.
For example, I want to hide zero accounts.
1) click into the pasted cell
2) find the reference for HideZeroAccounts=0
3) Change the 0 (zero) into a 1 (one) and hit Enter
The screen will refresh and you will note that no 0 accounts are visible (note the 4000 and 4200 accounts are now gone)