As Workamajig transitions away from Flash and to its Platinum interface. We have maintained an Adobe AIR version of the classic application built as a backup for the Classic interface. Mainly in case the popular browser all of a sudden stop supporting flash, and your company needs a way to access the Classic interface.
Now we highly recommend you work on Transitioning to Platinum.
It provides the same interface as the desktop version. Unlike the desktop version, Workamajig AIR is not tied to any browser, and any screens that are in still in HTML will open in an AIR HTML window. It runs much like any other installed application on your computer.
Adobe has sold the rights to the Flash SDK to Samsung where it resides under a commercial use platform. The Runtime is no longer available to download outside of their model of distribution.
Unless you already have an AIR version installed prior to December 2020, the only recourse for your team is Transitioning to Platinum.
Proper Installation Of The Workamajig AIR App
1. Go to http://air.workamajig.com
The above link will open a page that looks like this:
2. Click on the link in "Download and install Adobe AIR"
NOTE: This link is no longer valid. Adobe no longer retains a download version of Adobe AIR
This link will take you to Adobes official page to download the latest version of Adobe AIR.
- From their site, download and install the AIR application.
3. Click on the link in "Download and install the latest Workamajig Release"
This will take you through the installation of the standalone Workamajig application that runs in Adobe AIR.
- When you click the link it will prompt you to save/download the file.
- Once downloaded, open the file and install the Workamajig application.
4. Run the Workamajig application
Locate where the Workamajig application was installed and create a shortcut to it (if not automatically created).
- When you run the application, you will see the following login screen.
Enter the appropriate information and click Login:
- Server - This is the URL you use to login to Workamajig. You do not need to add http://. Simply enter the server designation (i.e. app13.workamajig.com or your.server.com). If you do not know the URL, please contact your Workamajig administrator or your internal IT department for the appropriate URL to use.
- User ID and Password - These are identical to what you use currently to log in to Workamajig.
- If you are using Workamajig on one of our App servers, you must check the Use SSL checkbox or the application will not work.
Things Of Interest When Using The Standalone Workamajig Adobe AIR Application
- Each screen opens as a separate window that you can move around freely from the main Workamajig dashboard. Even onto a second monitor.
- As new features are transitioned into Platinum's HTML interface. You may notice that you are taken to your default browser to open those specific screens.
- PDF's will open in your default web browser. So check your default browser's settings in relation to how it handles PDF's.
- Updates to Workamajig occur monthly, so make sure to install the latest update when prompted.
- You can uninstall the Adobe AIR and Workamajig applications at any time from your machine and this will not remove any data from your Workamajig database.
Updating The AIR Application
If there is an issue updating the Workamajig or AIR applications, please try the following:
Mac: Go to Finder > search for the file Workamajig.air. If found, delete>>after delete or if the file is not found go to http://air.workamajig.com >>Manual Installation: Download and Install the Latest Workamajig Release.
Windows: go to Start: do a file search for Workamajig.air. If found, delete>>after delete or if the file is not found go to http://air.workamajig.com>>Manual Installation: Download and Install the Latest Workamajig Release.