A free alternative to using your own email server with a standalone email account is to set up a Gmail account to facilitate the replay back feature of diary posts.
However, in order to use a Gmail account with POP or IMAP. You will need to enable a few settings. In addition to this, you will also need to allow for additional access to your account.
Configure Gmail with POP or IMAP.
- With your Gmail webmail screen open, click on the Gear icon, then click on Settings.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In here you will enable POP or IMAP. There is not much of a difference between the two and how it works in the way we intend to use it.
- To not overfill this email account, we recommend you set the options to Delete/Purge after the emails have been read by Workamajig.
Test the Connection
- From your Mail Settings in Workamajig, click on Verify Login, as this will attempt to connect to your Gmail account.
- Most likely you will get an email in your Gmail's inbox about this access attempt and it is prevented. Follow the steps after clicking on the Review Your Devices Now in the email.
Allow Less Secure Apps
If at this point you are still getting an error when you press Verify Login from Mail Settings, then you will need to configure your Gmail account some more.
- From your Gmail account, click on your account email address in the upper left.
- Then click on My Account.
- Click on Device activity & notifications.
- Click on Connected apps & sites.
- And finally, toggle the settings for Allow Less Secure Apps to On.