- What is a Campaign Segment?
- I get errors when saving a schedule...
- Dates keep changing on tasks every day...
- How do I create a project budget?
- Can I delete a Service?
- How is non-billable time, such as PTO and Sick Time tracked?
What is a Campaign Segment?
A Segment allows you to group projects connected to a campaign into defined categories. There are no predefined settings for a segment, however, common examples may be: Media, Print, Web.
- Please refer to our Campaigns Overview guide for more information.
I get errors when saving a schedule...
The most common error says something along the lines of "client does not match the data on the server", this means someone else has affected the project schedule after you opened it but before you tried to save it.
Best practice would be to first take the project out of production by changing the Project Status to one that is not active (i.e. Estimating). Then refresh the project and make your changes from there.
Keep in mind that while you can Lock a project schedule, there are security rights that can bypass this option. Also, Traffic Screens can update any project in the system, and individuals can have an effect on the project schedule when entering time in the My Task widget or Calendar.
- Please refer to our General Errors guide for more information.
Dates keep changing on tasks every day...
This is by design and is not a bad thing, its Workamajig's scheduling features updating your tasks based on what has actually been done by those assigned to each task.
Plan Start vs. Actual Start
- If no one enters time via the My Task Widget or Calendar screen on the Plan Start Date, then no Actual Start Date get populated and then the Plan Start Date will push out to the next day at midnight.
Plan Complete vs. Actual Complete
- If no one (all users assigned to the one task) checks the task as Done from the My Task Widget or Calendar screen, then no actual Complete date is populated and the Plan Complete Date will push out to the next day at midnight.
Predecessors vs. Completed Predecessors
- Tasks are linked in the schedule using the Predecessor option. This feature will push or pull the task next in line based on the plan/actual dates of the previous task. When a task is 100% done, then is become a completed predecessor and you can then run filters on this option to see just the next task only from the My Task widget, Calendar, and Traffic screens.
From more info on these features, please refer to the following guides:
How do I create a project budget?
This is done by creating and approving Estimates.
- Only approved estimates count toward the budget.
- Multiple approved estimates create one total budget.
Can I delete a Service or Expense Item from the system?
So long as it has not been used on an estimate or some other type of transaction in the system.
If the system will not allow you to delete, then we suggest you make the Service inactive, so it cannot be used in future projects. However, it will still be okay to use on projects it has already been assigned.
How is non-billable time, such as PTO and Sick Time tracked?
While Workamajig is not an HR system, you can set up a non-billable project for an overhead client to track all non-billable time to. This allows you to account for all hours in the day and to create detailed time analysis reports.
By default, there is a project template named "Template-Admin/Overhead/Non-Billable" and a Service called "General/Admin" that has a rate of zero. These can be used to as your starting point to track non-billable time.