- How do I set up a Company Holiday Event in the Calendar?
- How do I set up a Personal Day Off?
- I am noticing something odd with a meeting after a sync with Google Calendar or Exchange Calendar
- Inactive Users and Public Meetings
- Do meetings flagged as Private sync over as Private?
- Managing Other Peoples and Public Calendars
How do I set up a Company Holiday Event in the Calendar?
Enter an event on the Company Public Calendar. Flag it as an All Day Event and check the Block Out option. This will prevent tasks from being scheduled on that date.
See the Add new Company Holiday event guide for more info.
How do I set up a Personal Day Off?
This will depend on if you want this visible on the Public Calendar or not:
Visible: Create a new event, select the Public Vacation Calendar designated for PTO. Mark it as an All Day Event and check off Block Out. After selecting the Company Calendar, a new section will appear on the right side for you to select My Calendar.
Not Visible: Create a new event, select your Personal Calendar. Mark it as an All Day Event and Block Out.
See the Add new Out Of Office event guide for more info.
I am noticing something odd with a meeting after a sync with Google Calendar or Exchange Calendar
There are many reasons as to what can cause an issue with a sync of this type.
- Please refer to our Calendar Sync troubleshooting guide for more information.
- However, if you need to contact support in regards to this issue, please email email@example.com with the meeting date, time, subject, and any details you can share about the issue.
Inactive Users and Public Meetings
When an Employee is made inactive, any meetings that the user was the Organizer of will disappear from all calendars. This has an affect Company Holidays which also affect project scheduling. You will want to do one of the following to resolve:
- Edit the organizer of the meetings in question to an active user prior to making this employee inactive.
- Use the Employee Offboarding feature to change the organizer of all meetings of that user.
Do meetings flagged as Private sync over as Private?
Yes. If you flagged a meeting as Private in Google or Outlook. It will sync over as with the Private box checked in Workamajig, and vice versa.
Managing Other Peoples and Public Calendars
Please refer to the Managing Calendars for more info.
For Personal Calendars, you can open the Calendar Setup, and then give other users access to View only or Edit your calendar.
For Public Calendars, however, by default, only Administrators of your system can edit the Public Calendar Setup and then choose who can View and Edit these calendars.