- How do I log into Workamajig?
- Where can I find the release notes?
- How often does Workamajig backup the hosted servers?
- What check format works with Workamajig?
- How often do the application and data refresh itself?
- How do I download the Help Guide to a PDF?
- How do I submit a Request to delete records?
- How much is file storage for our account?
- When uploading a file, is there a size limit?
- How do I know how much Storage Space I have used?
- Is there a User Group Forum I can join?
- What are LABS?
- How Do I Clear Browser Cache?
- How do I change my login password?
- How do I set up my backup for approvals?
- Workamajig Holidays
- Where can I find a guide on the Classic Workamajig interface?
- How do we share screens for training and support?
- Can I use Workamajig logos for internal training materials?
- What is the difference between a Full User and Free User?
- Are there keyboard shortcuts?
- Avoiding Special Characters
- Display of Day in Date columns
How do I log into Workamajig?
- You should have been given the URL, Login, and Password by the designated Administrator of your account.
- Make sure you are using the correct URL to access your login. We host many app servers, and each server address is unique. For example, if your Workamajig account is hosted on app5.workamamjig.com, then your login will not work on app6.workamajig.com.
- If you need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full company name that is registered with us.
Where can I find the release notes?
Click on your name in the upper right corner, then go to More > View Release Notes.
- Releases are deployed monthly to include enhancements and bug fixes.
How often does Workamajig backup the hosted servers?
We back up our servers hourly and rotate media every 4 hours. A nightly backup is performed each day and stored offsite. This data backup is used in case there is an issue with a particular server. There is not a way for us to restore information or transactions that you have deleted from your "instance" of Workamajig.
You may also request/purchase a backup of your data. The cost is US$39 per request. The backup consists of a downloadable file. In order to read this file, you must have SQL server.
NOTE: We are NOT able to restore just bits of the backup (i.e. project, timesheet, etc), the purpose of these backups is to be able to restore all data in case of a catastrophic failure.
What check format works with Workamajig?
Workamajig supports Check-Stub-Stub, Stub-Check-Stub, and Stub-Stub-Check stock for printing checks.
We have arranged for Workamajig customers to receive a discount on their first order of checks with Safeguard Business Systems.
Just notify them that Creative Manager Inc. / Workamajig is referring you and they'll select the proper check form and apply the proper discount.
- Refer to the Check Formats guide for more information.
How often do the application and data refresh itself?
This depends on what area of the system you are referring to as each feature works differently and for good reason.
Dashboards: These refresh on an hourly timer.
Project Schedule and Task Data: The database is updated as soon as someone commits a Save to the schedule. However the schedule does not auto refresh on it own, unless you make a Save. So if you have a process when multiple users have the same schedule open for editing, then use the Refresh button at the top of the schedule screen to be sure you have the latest schedule.
Nightly System Recalculation: For financial, newly entered company holidays and auto-pushing of schedule dates, this occurs once every night.
How do I download a PDF or print a single page or the entire Help Guide?
At the top of this screen select Print. In the drop-down you are able to select:
- Print Page (send it to your printer)
- Save this page as a PDF (generates a PDF of the current page)
- Save entire site as a PDF (download a premade copy of specific pages within this help guide)
- Page Links (to get the direct URL of the page for copying and pasting).
How do I submit a Request to delete records?
While we can fulfill most requests of this type, each is unique and we require you to reply with your understanding and authorization to the following:
- We cannot guarantee that all requested records can be deleted due to data integrity issues;
- We cannot forecast what potential problems that the user may run into when we delete these records;
- It may take up to a day or more for their request to be processed; and
- We reserve the right to refuse the request without reason.
Upon approval of this request, we first make a backup of your account data, then we will delete the records.
How much is file storage for our account?
You get 20 GB of free total file storage per active user (or based on your minimum user agreement, whichever is higher). If you exceed your total free storage, then the price is $20 a month per every 50 GB over of the total free storage.
There are alternatives for where you can host the files. To see these options, please read over the File Storage Choices and WebDAV Requirements guide.
*NOTE: Allocated disk space and cost on our servers is subject to change at any time.
When uploading a file, is there a size limit?
There's a technical limit of 2 GB as the maximum file that can be uploaded for each file. Make sure that the upload process is not interrupted by a screen-saver or the computer going into sleep mode before the upload is completed.
- For alternative file storage options, please refer to our File Storage Options guide.
How do I know how much Storage Space I have used?
Under New Development.
To view files located in Project: Files area go to any Project > select the Files, and click on the search tab. Enter in at least a period in the Search option, but change the range of search for All projects, and click search. You will see a list of all files in all projects. From there, open and delete the files that you no longer need to cut down on your storage charges. See Closing a Project.
Is there a User Group Forum I can join?
Yes, there is. To register or for further information regarding the forum, visit the Community section of this site, or click on https://support.workamajig.com/hc/en-us/community/topics to access.
What are LABS?
Labs is a way for users to enable new features in Workamajig that are still in BETA, but stable enough to use with your live data. The new features can be turned on and off at the User or System level. When a feature is enabled, we encourage users to try out these new features and interact with their data to help identify areas that may warrant workflow changes, training, and fixes before it's introduced into general release with no option to disable.
- Refer to the Beta and Labs Guide for that latest features.
How do I clear Browser Cache/Cookies?
In some circumstances, either your browser updated, or you have not logged out in a long time, or other various scenarios occur where you end of with unsatisfactory functionally. Then we suggest you clear Cache and Cookies. You can do this for all sites, or for just your Workamajig server URL.
- On a PC, From Wrench icon,>Options>Under the Hood:Privacy: click Clear Browsing data: select Empty the Cache>Clear Browsing Data
- On a Mac, From Chrome>Clear Browsing Data: select Empty the Cache>Clear browsing data
NOTE: Depending on the last time you cleared cache, you may need to adjust the Obliterate the following items from the range
- On a PC, From Tools > Options > Privacy > Clear Recent History:select Time Range to clear:All>Clear Now
- On a Mac, From Firefox > Preferences > Privacy >Clear History when Firefox closes:Settings>select Cache>OK
NOTE: New to 15+: From Firefox>Preferences>Privacy:click link Clear your recent history
- On a PC, From Gear Icon in upper right corner> Reset Safari>select Empty the cache: Reset.
- On a Mac, From Safari>Empty Cache>Empty
NOTE: New to 6.0+: From Safari>Reset Safari>check Remove all website data>Reset
- Following the clearing of cache, please close ALL browser windows. Open a new browser window and log in to Workamajig as usual.
- Contact your IT Department for assistance with your computer as they may have restrictions in place that preventing from updating to the latest version of flash and browsers that we support.
- Try a different browser to see if the issue is related to that one browser or computer.
- Refer to the Optimize Browser Settings guide for more information.
- If you continue to get an error message, please contact Support at email@example.com.
How do I change my login password?
From Toolbar > Name > Login Information, you are able to change your password and User ID.
Click Set Password > enter your new password and confirm your password > SAVE.
We recommend that you log out/log in to confirm your new password.
For Client/Vendor Logins, the user is unable to edit their password. You must change it for them via their Contact Record > Settings > Login Settings.
How Do I Set up My Backup Approver?
From Menu > Name > My Settings, you are able to select the person you want to designate as your backup for time sheets and expense reports that get sent to you for approval.
This setting can also be updated via the Employee Record: Accounting setup section.
NOTE: This can cause a loop in the approval process if you are the backup approver for the user that is your main approver.
The Workamajig Team observes the following US National Holidays. All Workamajig Offices will be closed during these days.
New Year's Day - January 1st
Presidents Day - 3rd Monday of February
Memorial Day - Last Monday of May
Independence Day - July 4th
Labor Day - 1st Monday of September
Thanksgiving - 4th Thursday and Friday of November
Christmas Day - December 25th
If the Holiday falls on a Saturday, it will usually be observed on Friday. If on a Sunday, it will be observed on Monday.
Where can I find a guide on the Classic Workamajig interface?
Here is a backup copy in PDF format of the old help guide:
Classic Workamajig Training Manual.pdf
How do we share screens for training and support?
We use Zoom.us as our webinar Screen-Sharing/Audio-Conferencing tool for training and support needs. Please download their app for best results and simply join our meeting from the link provided in your confirmation email.
Can I use Workamajig logos for internal training materials?
YES! Please share with us on Facebook and Twitter what you create. You can download a zip file containing various logos for use HERE. The font used in these images in "Museo Sans".
Now for the legal stuff. If you use our name, mark and/or logo in any collateral whatsoever, whether it be in print, on the Internet, or any means, please place the following on the bottom of every page that our name or logo appears:
The Workamajig® mark and the Workamajig® logo are the exclusive trademarks of Creative Manager, Inc. and are registered in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
What is the difference between a Full User and Free User?
To clarify there are three levels of users in Workamajig.
Full Users - Paid Login (Employee or Contact). Can access all features of Workamajig based on Security Settings.
Free Users - Free User (Contact). Can have limited access to features they are assigned to. Cannot enter time or create/manage projects. You can use the Contractor option if you want to temporarily enable the Full User "paid" rights, so they can enter time. And then check Free Login when you want them to simply have basic access to the project and files.
Email Users - No login information (Contact). Communicates via email only, i.e. Conversations, Quotes, Deliverable Reviews, Reports.
Are there keyboard shortcuts?
Yes, simply press "Control, Shift, ?" as the same time to open the Keyboard Shortcuts menu. It will show what actions can be performed on that page specifically, and allows you to assign specific pages as shortcuts.
Avoiding Special Characters
In general we recommend avoiding the use of Spacial Characters anywhere in the system. But this is particularly important in certain key fields, such as "IDs" or "Numbers".
Some of these characters to avoid are (but not limited to):
Basically anything you have to press shift to get an alternate character for.
This also applies to File Names you upload and Calculated Columns within Custom Reports.
Some special characters even prevent how HTML displays.
Display of Day in Date columns
All date fields in reports, views and display grids can display either "MM/DD/YYYY" or "Day Of Week, Month Day Year" simply based on the width of the column.
For example, if you want to see the Day Of Week, then expand the width of the column and then refresh/search. The day will then display. If you no longer want the Day Of Week to display, shrink the width of the column and then refresh/search.