This guide is designed for your project management team to review. The overall goal is successfully using projects and creating your own internal process.
While the system comes setup with various defaults, here are some specific sections you may want to check so that your system is defined by your process and terminology:
- Ensure that your "items" are defined. These are comprised of your Services and Expenses.
- Check your Project Status Codes and Billing Status Codes.
- Define your Project Types.
- Define your Project Templates for each workflow you perform.
NOTE: In some cases, you may make two templates for a similar workflow that have the same work being performed, yet the timing of the tasks is vastly different. It makes sense to create two separate templates in an effort to save yourself from changing the data after creating the project.
- Create existing projects by copying from your defined templates.
- Enter an Actual Complete Date on all tasks that were completed prior to Workamajig, but leave the current and future tasks open.
- Create and approve estimates for all projects by pulling from the schedule and entering the expenses.
- Use the Staff Schedule, Assignments View, and Traffic Calendar screens to view workload and assign anything that is not assigned.
Make Projects Active
- Change the project status to Production (the only active status by default). This will make the project appear in all widgets (My Task, Active Projects, Etc.) and any active filtered report.
- Assigned users now see their work appear in the My Task widget, sorted by due date by default.
- Have all users enter time using the Today Creatives.
- Check tasks that are done when they have completed their assignment.
- After you have done all this, you are able to view all the time entered against the project from the budget view on the project itself.