Attendees: Core Workamajig Implementation Team, Project Managers, Account Managers, Production Staff.
Workamajig has a number of features that allows your team to communicate with each other at the Project level, task level, and outside the project.
- The project conversations are used to communicate with the project team members at the Project level.
- The conversation post allows you to include specific project team members and non-team members on the thread. You are able to respond to conversation posts via the project conversation screen or via email.
Project and Task level To-Dos
- The To-Do was designed to be a checklist of items at the Project and/or Task level that can be assigned to a specific person, or left open to all assigned.
- There is no date associated with the to-do, other than what is derived from the task. You are able to set up email notifications that will allow communication at the task level, much like the project diary.
- A deliverable is designed to allow your team to upload a file, and route this file for changes and approval. The deliverable can be routed internally, then released to a client. However, it is recommended that you keep these separate to prevent internal comments from being exposed to the client.
- The Files area allows you to upload files of any format to the Project. The files may be separated into different predefined folders and security rights associated with the file and folder to allow/prevent changes. Links to files can be sent to clients for direct access to the file. They may also be to attached to a Deliverable, which is currently only available for PDF, JPG, GIF, BMP, and certain video formats, for better content control. When using WebDAV storage, you may also be able to have a desktop link to your project files for quick and easy file transfers.
- Storage Options
- Connections: Incoming Email, Outgoing Email.
- Setup the default folder structure in Templates, set up folder/file security rights.
- Ask IT to set up a mailbox for conversations, create a conversation, confirm employee default settings for the diary.
- Add appropriate To-Dos to project templates and tasks, confirm Employee default settings for To-do.
- Confirm correct email address is set up on client and employee records. Practice sending Deliverables.
- Review file storage needs. WebDAV and File Storage Overview.
Remember, as your training and support team, we are here to help. If you have difficulty with your homework please email email@example.com. Your Account Manager or other Support Team member will assist you.