Attendees: Core Workamajig Implementation Team, Project Managers, Account Managers, Traffic Team.
This training session is designed to teach you how to create a new project. This is done by copying from a template that already has the majority of the setup and schedule already complete. We will then alter the new project to meet the needs of the job at hand and make it active.
Why is this important? This session will highlight The Workamajig Way - the way to enter projects, estimates and assignments in to Workamajig with minimum effort, but maximum results. We will walk through the process of creating a project by copying from a template, creating an estimate based on the schedule and assignments, setting up the project team, and assigning users to tasks on the project.
Create a new Project from a Template
- Projects may be created using the Project Module (+) or via the Project Manager Today Page
Review Project Setup
- Once the new project has been created, we review tasks
- Verify Project Settings
- Verify the project team and their services and show how to auto assign
- Verify the accounting settings such as billing method and get service rate from
Review Project Schedule
- Project Start and Due Dates
- Task Start and Due Dates
- Order in which tasks occur and their predecessors
- Task Assignments: Service > Allocated Hours > User
- Make project active
Create Project Estimate and Budget
- New Estimate
- Pull From Schedule feature for Labor
- Add Expenses
- Printing Estimates and Layouts
- Approving Estimates
- Charge Order Estimates
- Multiple Estimates
- How approved estimates apply towards the project's budget
NOTE: Each organization is unique and has differences in terms of complexity and use of projects in general. During your training with us feel free to inquire about other ways of handling situations that fall outside the norm, such as tracking overhead and vacation time.
- Continue to solidify your project startup workflow by creating a series of test projects based upon each project type you have created.
- Project Numbering Method.
- Project Status Codes.
- Estimate Templates.
- Employee Record > Default Service.
- Update Client Project Defaults.
Remember, as your training and support team, we are here to help. If you have difficulty with your homework please email email@example.com. Your Account Manager or another Support Team member will assist you.