The to-do board can be a way for your creatives or web developers to track items in a board style, drag and drop management screen. While to-dos are status based, they can be linked to a task as part of a larger project schedule.
- To-Do Statuses MUST be setup for the board to properly function. See below for setup
- To-dos do not replace the need for tasks to track time to. Think of these as an extension of a task.
- The design behind to-dos is to make it so you can have fewer tasks to manage in your schedule (less tasks), yet track the status of individual items to have done within the duration of that task.
To access the to-do board, you will need the security right view to-dos. However, there are other rights associated with to-dos to give you more control over them. They are:
- View to-dos
- Add/edit to-dos
- Delete to-dos
- View to-dos not assigned to you
- Edit to-dos not assigned to you
From Global Options of System Setup, there is an item called To-Do Status.
Here you can create a custom list of statuses for your to-dos.
NOTE: This list is blank by default, but here is an example of how one might set this up.
- Status = The Name of the designated status.
- Mark as completed = Can be on multiple. This will mark the to-do as complete when put into that status.
- Default =Can be on only one. This will be the initial status for any new to-do you create.
This will open the To-Do Board for the entire system with no filters entered.
Search options - click on the ... icon to the left of the search to select filter options
Client - list of active clients
Project - list of projects
Task - list of tasks
Assigned to - list of users
Department - list of departments
Team - list of account team names
Type - list of to-do/conversation types
Include unassigned - when selected. unassigned to-dos will be included in the search
Subject - a to-do subject contains search
Active projects only - when selected, only active projects will be included in the search
Open tasks only - when selected, only task with percent complete less than 100% will be included in the search
Open to-dos only - when selected, only open to-dos will be included in the search
Group grid by - allows the grid to be grouped by the selected item
- No grouping
- Status name
- Due date
- Required to proceed conversations
You can also open the To-Do Board for just one project from the Project Details section.
Going this route will open the To-Do Board with it set to show only to-dos for this project.
From the project folder of an assignment card, you can click on To-Dos.
This will open the To-Do Board for just that Task.
You will want to create at least three to-do statuses from System Setup. One for new issues, one for in progress, and another for completed.
From here you can drag and drop them into their current status for others to see and follow up.
You can click on a to-do for further details. This allows you to click on View Markup if this to-do was created from a comment to fix on a round of a deliverable.
Additionally, if you use to-dos with deliverables, then you may just want to have a single task in your schedule called in review (or round 1, round 2, Etc). So that way you know your schedule is waiting for the deliverable to be completed. With all the to-dos fixed, before moving on with your schedule.
From the To-Do Details screen, you can update its status by clicking on the name of the current status.