You can now create your own customizable Graphs, based on report data in Workamajig.
This guide will go over the advanced features of creating your own Graphs. But it helps if you are already familiar with using Custom Reports.
- To view Dashboards, you need the Security Right of Run Custom Reports.
- To edit/create graphs, you will need the Security Right of Edit Custom Reports.
- If you have enabled the Dashboards beta and do not see them in your menu. Then be sure to click on Show All Apps in the bottom right of the menu screen.
- Each Role in the Menu will have its own Dashboard. So if you can access the Today page of that Role, then you can access the Dashboard for that Role. For example, if you have access to the Today - Managers page, then you have access to the Managers Dashboard and Owners Dashboard.
- Each Graphs security can be adjusted so only certain Security Groups will see it.
- The original Dashboards for Sales, Project Manager, and Billing are still available to use. You will see the new ones next to them called New Sales Dashboard, New PM Dashboard, and New Billing Dashboard. Please provide feedback on the original vs new and what kind of features you are looking to get out of the Dashboards.
Create Your Own
In this example, we will use the Time Detail Data to produce a Pie Chart of the total hours to date per client.
Click on Edit.
Then click on New to chose a custom report dataset from which to use as the base data for your Chart/Graph.
When you choose a report, you will be presented with a similar screen, which you can use to design your chart or graph.
Choose your Graph Type, X Axis, Y Axis, and Rollup.
At this point, you can click on Refresh Graph to get a preview.
Click on Filters if you want to add additional controls to what amount or type of data is presented.
Click on Settings to change the name of this Graph.
Click on Save Changes.
You will then be taken back to the Home screen where you can resize and if you have multiple Graphs, you can reorder them.
Press Save once you have the Graphs lined up the way you like.
This allows you to compare values for a specific metric.
This is best used with a time-based metric or value that flows.
Simply way to see a comparative value or a metric.
Allows you to see multiple values in a single view. This is good for seeing the totals of specific fields.
X Axis and Y Axis
These contain different lists to prevent the report from trying to compare the same data against itself.
This is usually set to Sum, but you can choose from other options as needed.
(Bar and Line Graphs only)
Adds another layer into the Graph, as it can show values within the Line or Bar.
(Key Metrics Only)
Allows you to add fields and choose how their operation, typically Sum. It can also make a Calculated Metric, by which you can do math-based computations on the filed of the dataset chosen.
If you are familiar with Custom Reports, then this should make sense as to how these work.
If not, then you can use this section as a way to limit (or specify) the amount of data used to generate the Graph.
The big thing to note here is that if Prompt is checked, then you have to enter in search parameters in the Graph to filter the results. If Prompt is not checked, then the parameters set here will filter the results automatically.
Before Grouping - This section will filter based on the data in the system.
After Grouping - This section will filter data based on the results, prior top displaying them.
Graph Name - Defaults the Report Dataset used for the Graph, can customize the name shown here.
Legend Position - Default is Left, but you can choose from None, Left, Right, Top, Bottom.
Report Description - Adds a description that is shown when you click on the "?" next to the name of the Graph.
Tab Name - Default is blank, which is Home. Graphs with the same tab name will be grouped together. This allows you to have logical groupings of graphs that the end user can switch between.
Maximum Item Count (Pie Graph Only) - Determines the number of slices shown for the highest values, the remaining lower results are grouped into "Other".
Upper Target and Lower Target (Bar and Line Graph Only) - Using these options can set a visual target that you are looking to measure against on your graph.
X-Axis Label and Y-Axis Label (Bar and Line Graph Only) - Adds a descriptive label below the X and Y Axis.
Owner - Shows the username for who originally created the Graph.
Last Modified - Shows the date the Graph was last updated.
Visible To - Defaults to All Security Groups. However, you can limit which groups can see this Graph.