Media: Broadcast Items
Navigation | Add A Broadcast Item | Additional Details | Resources
Admin/Manager > System Setup > Media > Broadcast Items
Broadcast Items are used to categorize your purchases of different types of broadcast purchases. These would typically include Radio and Television. The item is also used to expense the purchase to the correct expense account when a vendor invoice is billed and WIP is tracked in the general ledger.
Add A Broadcast Item
- Click the button to add a new item.
- Item ID: enter a unique Item ID for the item. This ID will be what people enter on transactions.
- Item Name: enter a descriptive name for the item.
- Commission: enter the standard commission for the item.
- NOTE: The Commission will be used to default in entries for your Broadcast Orders. They can be changed within the Order.
- Standard Description: enter a description that you would like copied onto estimates when entering expense items.
- Billing Item: drop-down menu, select the appropriate billing item for this item.
NOTE: If you are using Strata or SmartPlus, you will sync over the Broadcast Items from those programs. Following the sync, you must setup the GL accounts and tax settings.
There are additional setup fields to consider when adding a new broadcast item. These details can be accessed by clicking onto a broadcast item and selecting the icon.
- Expense Account: enter the appropriate GL Expense account for tracking the purchase of this item. This expense account will default into orders and vendor vouchers. It can be changed within the order or voucher.
- Sales Account: enter the appropriate GL Sales account for tracking the sale of this item. This sales account will default into client invoices when selecting the item.
- Active: controls if the item is available when entering transactions.
- Tax 1/2 Applies: check the appropriate box. These tell the system that this item is taxable, when appropriate, or not. The Tax rate will come from the Client/Vendor Company record or the client invoice.
Media (Pre)Billing and Accrual