Attendees: Core Workamajig Implementation Team, Sales Team, Account Managers, Project Managers
During the Sales/CRM Module Training Session we will cover the following areas:
The Sales Module is used for managing your Business Development efforts and keeping track of your Leads and Opportunities. This is where you can record all Activities, such as conversations and notes to back up your efforts; reminding yourself of what has already taken place, and what still needs to happen. The Workamajig Salesperson module also allows the Sales team to work closely with the Project Management team to provide them with a better view on the timing and cost of the requested work and the creation of client comps.
- Review Security Settings under Contact Management section and Project Management to ensure proper access to features need for Salesperson and/or Sales Manager.
- Review settings needed for Salesperson: Opportunity Stages, Status, Outcomes, Activity Types, etc.
- Review Mail Settings with IT Dept regarding Conversation mailbox.
- Develop a workflow regarding the conversion of Lead>Opportunity>Project.
Sales Team/Account Manager:
- Develop a workflow for handling new leads, new business with old clients, and opportunities.
- Review how to organize access to leads, clients, and opportunities. Use of Folders and Opportunity settings.
- Develop needed reporting
- Develop a workflow for creating Opportunity-based projects.
- Adjusting project templates to account for Sales process needs.
Lead Tracking for New Business
Lead Entry: Create a New Lead, Leads Import, and Web To Leads
Our definition of a 'Lead' is an unqualified contact/company in the buying cycle. In general, this is just a list of names that you know very little about. These unqualified suspects and prospects require very little information for entry into Workamajig. We assume at this point you‘ve had little or no conversation and are about to get underway with your initial contact for an effort in Business Development.
Workamajig > Salesperson > Leads: This screen allows you to see Cards of recent prospects that you have been dealing with and access to views that allow your team to group and report on all leads within Workamajig.
Recent Cards: The cards allow you quick access to the leads you have most recently been working with. You are also able to "Favorite" specific lead cards so they can bubble to the top of the page.
View: Different views can be created to sort and group the leads in any number of ways. From within each view, you will be able to click on the result line to access the lead record.
Convert Lead: From each lead record, you are able to convert the lead, meaning you have qualified the lead and have made the decision to move forward with them as a potential client. During the conversion process, you are able to create a Contact and Company record, and an Opportunity. You may not have decided if they will actually be a client yet or not. This will be a point of discussion for your team.
Opportunity Entry: Convert Lead, Create New Opportunity
Who do I create an Opportunity for? An Opportunity is always connected to a Company and secondarily, to a contact from that company. An opportunity is used to track your sales effort and to develop a proposal or comps for a client. Therefore, an opportunity would be created for a company that has moved beyond the scope of a Lead but they are still new and you are not sure they will be a client, or for current clients that you are seeking new business with.
When and How do I create an Opportunity? This will depend on the workflow your team has developed.
There are two ways to create opportunities in Workamajig:
- Sales Only: In this method, the Salesperson is tracking the value of the opportunity and communications. There is no development of an estimate within the Opportunity
- Sales and Project Manager: In this method, the Salesperson works with a Project Manager to develop an Estimate, deliverable production timeline and the creation of any comps.
Create a New Opportunity:
There are a number of locations an opportunity can be created from within Workamajig. From where you create it will determine if some fields/connections are prefilled in.
- Create from Contact or Company Record (recommended): This will default information in regarding the contact and company, so you can easily move forward and ensures it is connected to the proper contact/company history.
- Create from Opportunity> + : this opens a blank new opportunity screen. You will need to search for the Company and Contact before proceeding.
NOTE: Whether you are using the Sales Only or Sales & PM method, this initial process is the same.
When you open the opportunity, you are able to edit the value and other parameters.
In this model, you will track communications, value and key information regarding the opportunity, and the current status and stage of the opportunity process. There is no proposal estimate available.
Sales & PM
After the Opportunity is opened, you are able to click Enable Advanced Features. At that time you are able to create an Opportunity-based Project or Campaign/Projects. These projects act like any other project in the system. Allowing you to create estimates, schedules and assign people to work on tasks. These assignments are visible in normal Project resourcing and tracking screens. The value of the Opportunity will come from the total of all approved estimates. You will still track Stage, Status, and communications regarding the Opportunity. Once you win the business, you are able to easily convert the pseudo-project/campaign into a real project/campaign.
Opportunities are best managed using defined stages
- Via the Dashboard: This allows you to see a total amount of each stage and the ability to drill down into the totals for direct access to the Opportunities. Also gives access to Views: Opportunities, that allows you to set up custom views for all opportunities in the system.
- Via Opportunities Kanban: This allows you to see a card view of each opportunity slotted by the current Opportunity Stage.
Opportunity Views: Salesperson> Dashboard>Views
- Some examples of listings you can run are: Opportunities grouped by Account Manager, Outcome, and Project Type. You can modify and create new views that are appropriate for your team. Each view can be printed to PDF or Excel
Again, Monitoring Outcome for Opportunities can be done through Opportunity Reports, Desktop Widgets, and Opportunity Listings.
Email Marketing Features
Marketing Groups allows you to create a list that can then be used to perform a mail merge with your preferred email or label software.
- Practice entering Leads into the system, creating Activities, and previewing the Leads listings. Convert Lead to Client/Company/Opportunity
- Practice entering Opportunities, Configure screens and Views to properly display pertinent info to your Salesperson.
- Define and Practice Opportunity Project/Campaign workflows for setup and estimating, and conversion to a Project.
Remember, as your training and support team, we are here to help. If you have difficulty with your homework please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Account Manager or other Support Team member will assist you.