By default, your current view is as of today’s date. The Today page is where all accounting functions can be performed, transactions can be approved and posted, AR and AP Balance Dates viewed and GL Account balances viewed.
Adjusting the date will provide the Daily Feed for the date selected.
On the Today page, you can view any open Conversations. Open Conversations can be viewed by various categories: Today, This Week, Open, Unread, and Favorites. Adjusting the date will only affect the display of the Daily Feed and does not affect the view of the Conversations.
Click the '+' icon to quickly add new accounting functions.
From this option, you can create a new: Journal Entry, Client Invoice, Receipt, Vendor Invoice, Payment, Credit Card Charge, Account Reconciliation, To Do, Conversation, Meeting, Time Entry or Start a Timer.
Click the '...more' button to set the System Settings > System Settings. NOTE: Based on Security right.
In this area, you can determine, by Security Group, the information to display.
- Items Needing Attention.
- The Daily Feed, setting what projects to display and whether to include Time Entries in the display.
- The In/Out Board Options, and.
- Account Balances: A list of GL Account Types to display the account balances.
Items Needing Attention
The Items Needing Attention includes a listing of Unapproved Transactions, Unposted Transactions, AR Balanced, and AP Balanced.
- Unapproved Transactions: Displays a list of transactions that have not yet been either Submitted for Approval or Submitted, but not Approved. Click on the individual line, and the system will allow you to Approve the Transaction, based on Security Rights.
- Unposted Transactions: Displays a list of transactions that have not yet been Posted. Select the line(s) and post in batch. The transaction line will post as of the Posting Date in the transaction.
- Scheduled Transactions - This appears if you have any recurring Scheduled Transactions where you are one of the People To Remind.
- Post Work In Progress - (If you enabled WIP) This will show you the amount of unbilled WIP and then drilling in will let you Post that WIP to your ledger.
- AR Balanced: When your account is in balance the screen displays today's date. When your account is out of balance, a Check Date link appears. Click the link to see the last date the account was balanced. Click on the AR Balanced and the AR Aging Report becomes available to run.
- AP Balanced: Displays the last date the AP Aging Report balanced to the Balance Sheet. Click on the AP Balanced and the AP Aging Report becomes available to run.
Account Balances As Of
The Account Balances As Of defaults to displaying Today’s date and the balances of those accounts. Edit the 'To Bill as of' date and the values will be updated to reflect the balances in the accounts as of that date.
The Views section of the Today page provides various listing screens including modified/customized lists such as Client Invoices, Retainers, Receipts, and Transactions.
- Journal Entries: allows access to the Journal Entry listing screens and any custom listing screens.
- Client Invoices: allows access to the Client Invoice Listing screen and any custom listing screens.
- Receipts: allows access to the Receipts Listing screen and any custom listing screens.
- Vendor Invoices: allows access to the Vendor Invoice Listing screens and any custom listing screens.
- Payments: allows access to the Payments Listing screens and any custom listing screens.
- Credit Card Charges: allows access to the Credit Card Charge Listing screen.
- Account Reconciliations: allows access to the Account Reconciliation Listing screen and any custom listing screens.
- To Dos: allows access to the Activities Listing screen any custom listing screens.